Jeffrey is a founding partner and principal of Maltzman and Partners and is “Of Counsel” with the Nield Law Group APC. Jeffrey specializes in all aspects of complex litigation, resort and tourism law, admiralty, insurance defense, medical malpractice, and corporate crisis management. In his 22 years of practicing law, he has accumulated extensive experience handling a wide array of high profile cases in state and federal courts nationwide. Jeffrey has substantial trial experience, has been featured in the National Law Journal, and is a fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America.
Clients frequently call upon Jeffrey to help their companies effectively respond to major mass casualty and other high profile crisis. He has appeared as an expert or spokesperson on CNN, Court TV, Dateline, Nancy Grace, Anderson Cooper 360, and the Today Show.
Outside the courtroom, Jeffrey frequently lectures on a wide array of human resources and tort issues. He also provides employee training on issues such as diversity and sexual harassment. When not practicing law, you can usually find Jeffrey working at his award winning California winery which produces exceptional Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Savignon Blanc and Chardonnay under the brand names Maltzman Family Vineyards, Navigator Wines, and Gold Creek Vineyards.
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Western District of California
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- Stanford Law School, Stanford, California
- J.D. – 1987
- Stanford University, Stanford, California
- B.A. – 1983
Honors and Awards
- Board Certified Legal Specialist in Admiralty & Maritime Law; State Bar of California.
- Florida Super Lawyers: 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006
- AV Preeminent Rated Martindale Hubbell™
- Best of the Bar, Florida Trend Magazine 2016, 2015, 2013, 2012, 2005
- Best of the Bar, Miami Daily Business Review 2005
- Best Verdicts, South Florida Business Journal 2004
- Best of the Bar South Florida Business Journal 2010
- Member Litigation Counsel of America